Oct 13, 2013

I love school holidays!

For the first time in three years, we had a holiday with just the four of us. I didn't want to leave. I thought four days up at the Bunya Mountains would be plenty (before the kids developed cabin fever without all their toys), but they didn't want to leave too. Brisbane had four very hot days, so we were lucky to be up in the mountains where it was a few degrees cooler, with a beautiful rainforest just down the road and green parrots that ate out of your hand while we ate breakfast on the deck.


We hung out on fallen tree stumps.


Swung on vines.


Carried a three year old down to see the waterfall and then back up again. Twice.


And loved seeing these beautiful wallabies carrying their joeys just outside the door.

It's so peaceful and relaxing. The only bad parts were the ticks (I had a couple down my shirt!) and stinging nettles (yep, I stepped on one).

We've already promised the kids a long weekend next year in winter, just so we could use the fireplace.

After the three hour drive, we came home to this:


A chinese star jasmine explosion over our front gate. It smells divine.

And because this is my sewing blog, here are a few things I made this week:


A baby quilt for a family friend.


An a work in progress for the shop. I love school holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous holiday! And very happy boys :)

    ReplyDelete